Bengal School of Technology (A College of Pharmacy)
Welcome to Bengal School of Technology
Bengal School of Technology (ESTD. 2006) is an outcome of ideas, dream and creativity of a group of entrepreneurs who got together and began a most ambitious programme of philanthropy. In this direction a non-profit making trust viz. Supreme Educational Development & Charitable Organization (SEDCO) is established to undertake the noble venture of rendering service to the society through establishment of Technological and Professional Institutions of a high standard and also to produce professionals of the highest quality who will be able to cope with the challenges of ever evolving industrial needs of the country. The formation of BST in 2006 is the first step towards fulfilling its mission. The Institution is approved by AICTE and PCI, affiliated to West Bengal University of Technology for imparting B. Pharm and M. Pharm courses. We are committed to impart highest possible standard of pharmaceutical education to the young aspirants of our country.
To produce highly competent pharmacy graduates with a commitment to result oriented work, a perennial zeal for learning, a quest for excellence, an open mind and the universal values for honesty and mutual care.
To be an institute where bright youngsters of our society are transformed into technological entrepreneurs and innovative leaders of tomorrow and to instill in them and make them committed to the moral values and ethics thereby making them technologically superior and ethically strong.
PROGRAMME EDUCATION OBJECTIVES (PEO)
1. Work productively as pharmaceutical technologist/ pharmacist in pharmaceutical industry, hospitals, and government organizations.
2. Participating in life-long learning through successful completion of advanced degrees, continuing education, certifications and/or other professional developments.
3. Promote drug research, drug discovery, and pharmaceutical product development, analytical method development through strong technical and scientific skills.
- To emerge as a center of excellence in the field of education.
- To provide best possible infrastructure.
- To create an emulating academic environment for education and research.
- To motivate the staff and students for optimum utilization of the resources.
- To develop industry-institute interaction.
- To organize seminars / workshops etc. for overall development of the students.
- To conduct programmes for overall personality development of the students.
- To inculcate the ethical values in all associated with the organization.
- To recognize the best performer(s).
- To promote a system of assessment for overall performance
All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi
Pharmacy Council of India (PCI), New Delhi
West Bengal University of Technology
- Bachelor in Pharmaceutical Technology (B Pharm): 4 years
- Master in Pharmacy (Pharmaceutics): 2 years
- Master in Pharmacy (Pharmacology): 2 years
- Master in Pharmacy (Pharmaceutical Analysis): 2 years